North Hastings Cardiac Rehabilitation
What is Cardiac Rehabilitation?
Cardiac rehabilitation is a program of exercise, education and counseling designed to help patients live a healthier lifestyle while living with vascular disease or after a cardiac episode or procedure. This program will help patients to regain some strength, increase fitness levels and reduce the risk of future heart and health problems.
The program offers the following;
- A 12 week cardiac care program.
- Two supervised exercise sessions each week. Please note, most sessions are currently being done virtually.
- Education sessions to support healthy cardiac management. Topics include physiology of the heart and heart health, exercise, medication use, nutrition and social support.
Who can attend?
Patients living with a vascular disease, or who have experienced a cardiac event or procedure, such as the following:
- Heart attack or acute coronary
- Angioplasty (stent)
- Bypass surgery
- Pacemaker or ICD
- Heart failure
- Heart transplantation
- Peripheral vascular disease
- Non-debilitating stroke or TIA
- Valve surgery
- Reno vascular disease
- History of smoking
- High blood pressure
- High cholesterol
- Inactive lifestyle or obesity
Please note: For those participants directed to attend an in-clinic class, the program is held at Physio North at 237-D Hastings Street North, Bancroft.
Participants do require a referral from their primary care provider. Please send referrals to the Bancroft Community Family Health Team using the fax number 613-332-5541.
For more information, contact the Bancroft Community Family Health Team at 613-332-1565.