Due to the Province wide Shutdown ALL Allied Health Professional appointments will continue to be PHONE CALL ONLY until further notice.
*Some exceptions will apply.*
Diabetic Footcare and Respiratory Therapy appointments have been suspended.
This does not include appointments with your Family Physician. Please call to speak with your doctors receptionist if you require an appointment.
You can now go to the Quinte Health Care North Hastings (QHC NH) Assessment Centre and be tested for COVID-19. Testing is also available to asymptomatic persons who are concerned that they may have been exposed and people who are at risk of exposure through their employment. To get tested you can call the COVID hotline at 613-961-5544 or locally at 613-332-2825 ext. 6224. Patients should still make an appointment to be screened in Bancroft and should not just walk-in to the Assessment Centre.
PLEASE NOTE: The Bancroft Community Family Health Team is NOT a testing centre.
The Bancroft Community Family Health Team (BCFHT) is made up of local family doctors working together with our team’s Nurse Practitioners, Nurses, Dietitians, Social Workers, Chiropodist, Respiratory Therapist, Physiotherapist, Health promoters and Administrative staff to provide patients with complete health care.
Our team strives to ensure all our patients have the best possible care and promote healthy living.
During this time, with the entire community pulling together to contain the spread of COVID-19, the BCFHT would like to share with you how we are managing upcoming appointments. It is extremely important at this time that you do not come to your doctor’s office or to the BCFHT without an appointment – CALL FIRST! If you need to drop off paperwork and something for your doctor’s office or BCFHT staff, please put it in the DROP BOX located outside the main doors at the 19 Oak Street location.
Please note that during this time our phone lines will be busy. We ask for your patience and that you leave only one voicemail message. We will get back to you. Some of the doctor’s offices offer an email alternative. Please check with your individual receptionists regarding setting this up.
The Bancroft Community Family Health Team and Physicians have made the following changes to our operations due to the COVID-19 pandemic:
- All appointments with physicians and Family Health Team staff will be done by phone or video unless you have been notified that your appointment is in-person.
- Please ensure that you are available at the time of your appointment by phone.
- If you have been notified of an in-person appointment and you start to experience any COVID-19 or flu like symptoms, YOU MUST call and report them to our office before your scheduled appointment.
- If you are running out of medication, please ask your pharmacist to fax the clinic or use the form on our website to request your prescriptions. The renewal fee will be waived at this time.
- Do not attend the office unless you have an in-person appointment booked.
- We have an outside drop box for paperwork.
WHEN YOU ATTEND AN IN-PERSON APPOINTMENT:
- You will be screened at the door when you arrive.
- Please try to attend the clinic as close to your scheduled appointment time as possible or you may be asked to wait outside.
- You must wear a surgical mask and sanitize your hands when entering the clinic and for the ENTIRE duration of your visit.
- Try to stay 2m (6ft) away from other people.
- You can elect to wait in your car if you wish or outside on one of our new benches. Please notify the door screening person.
- Do not touch any surfaces.
- Do not bring family members or friends, if you need assistance you may bring one person
- No food or drink allowed in the clinic at this time.
- Please do not bring unnecessary items into the clinic such as bags, purses, backpacks, etc.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water, or use hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth unless you have just washed your hands.
- Cover your cough and sneeze with a tissue or into your arm, not your hand. Also, make sure to wash your hands afterward.
IF YOU HAVE ANY OF THE FOLLOWING:
- Shortness of breath
- Ear pain
- Flu like symptoms
- New smell or taste disorder
- Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, abdominal pain
- Close contact with a confirmed or suspected COVID-19 case
- You or someone close to you travelled outside of Ontario in the last 14 days
DO NOT ATTEND AN APPOINTMENT AT OUR OFFICES.
Please call the office and speak to a nurse to be screened.