The Bancroft Community Family Health Team (BCFHT) is made up of local family doctors working together with our team’s Nurse Practitioners, Nurses, Dietitians, Social Workers, Chiropodist, Respiratory Therapist, Physiotherapist, Health promoters and Administrative staff to provide patients with complete health care.
Our team strives to ensure all our patients have the best possible care and promote healthy living.
Please note that during this time we are trying to limit the number of bodies in the clinic. We ask that if you need to drop off paperwork or something for your doctor’s office or BCFHT staff, please put it in the DROP BOX located outside the main doors at the 19 Oak Street location.
WHEN YOU ATTEND AN IN-PERSON APPOINTMENT:
- You will be screened at the door when you arrive.
- You must wear a surgical mask and sanitize your hands when entering the clinic and for the ENTIRE duration of your visit.
- Try to maintain physical distancing.
- Do not bring family members or friends, if you need assistance you may bring one person.
- No food or drink allowed in the clinic at this time.
See COVID-19 Information tab for COVID clinics and resources.
The Bancroft Community Family Health Team will continue offering COVID-19 vaccines in the coming months for anyone who requires it. They will be available by appointment only,
please call 613-332-1565 ext. 220 to book.
In 2019 the Bancroft Community Family Health Team and Bancroft Fitness entered joint leadership. The shared leadership allow us to be more sustainable in a community where gyms struggle to survive.
As a not-for-profit gym, this is something that makes us unique. All monies generated including donations will be put back into the gym for programs and equipment.
Doctors Brown, Griffin, Fransky, Ferreira, Gerasimoff, Blanchard, Keila, Noltie, & Ahearn
Notice for Dr. White patients – March 23, 2022
Dr. White’s primary care practice will be ending on March 31, 2022. If you are a patient of Dr. White’s please see below for instructions after March 31.
How to get a copy of your chart: You must request a copy of your chart before March 31, 2022. REQUEST YOUR RECORDS HERE. If you are on the waiting list with our team, your chart can remain with us until you are accepted by a new physician, there is no need to request a copy of your chart unless you are seeking a primary care provider elsewhere or would like a copy for your records.
Specialist referrals and outstanding tests: We will be tracking these for a short period (6 months) to support you. You may be asked to follow up with a specialist if we haven’t heard about your appointment. You will be given instructions on how to do this. You may have to navigate your own care for some time and communicate directly with your specialists.
If you are having an emergency: Call 911 or go to your nearest hospital. Consider bringing your records if you have requested a copy.
Options for primary care:
- Visit an online virtual care provider: Rocket Doctor, Virtual Dr, Inkblot Therapy, TiaHealth, Virtual Clinics, LiveCare, Maple, Tulip Health, Babylon, Cover.
- If it is a short-term acute item, see if you can get an appointment with the NP at the FHT. Call 613 332 1565 x 220. The NP at the FHT cannot be your primary care provider and will only be providing appointments for acute short-term items and not chronic health conditions. Our Diabetes Team is available to the community and diabetes patients will still be able to access diabetes care.
- Visit HealthCare Connect to see if there is another doctor accepting patients.
- There are doctors in most urban areas taking patients. You could consider if the drive is worth it for you, especially if you are willing to do virtual and telephone appointments.
- If you are pregnant, you can call Midwifery Services of Haliburton at 705-657-9992.