What to do if you need medical attention while on the waiting list for a family physician
Bancroft Primary Care Waiting List
With the recent retirement of several doctors in the area, there has been a large influx of people in the community requiring a family physician. Most of the doctors at this clinic have full practices, however they are always re-evaluating and adding patients whenever possible. We currently provide care for approximately 11,000 patients within our catchment area.
Due to the influx of people applying for family physicians, it could be a while before you are assigned a new family doctor. Please note that when you are accepted by one of our doctors, you will be notified with a letter in the mail. If you are not already on our waiting list you may apply either in person or online at www.bcfht.org. To limit contact with patients we are asking that you either mail in your application or put it in the drop box outside our office doors.
*It is your responsibility to keep us updated on any changes to your mailing address, you can do so by calling us at 613-332-1565 ext. 220, or in person. *
In the meantime, please see the following medical care options that are available to you with a valid health card:
- The ER – Medical care is always available 24/7 at the Emergency Department of the Hospital.
- Good Doctors Bancroft – There is a walk-in clinic available at the IDA Pharmacy, 90 Hastings Street N., Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm. Please call 613-701-1245 for more information. Doctor sees patients through telemedicine and a physician assistant or nurse in the clinic assists the doctor with diagnosis.
- COVID Assessment Centre (CAC) testing – To get tested you can call the COVID hotline at 613-961-5544 or locally at 613-332-2825 ext. 2222. Testing is held at the North Hastings Hospital.
- Ontario Addiction Treatment Centre’s (O.A.T.C) – 89 Hastings Street North. Phone: 613-332-0660.
- Pregnancy Support – if you are pregnant and require prenatal care and support, you can contact Midwifery Services of Haliburton-Bancroft. More information is available online at www.haliburtonbancroftmidwives.ca or by phone at 705-457-9992.
- Diabetes Education Support – If you have type I or type II diabetes, you are welcome to contact our office at 613-332-1565 ext. 220 to book an appointment with one of our Diabetes Educators. Our program is open to patients with or without a family doctor in the Bancroft area.