What to do if you need medical attention while on the waiting list for a family physician
Bancroft Primary Care Waiting List
In order to become a patient you will need to complete a New Patient Application. Please note that if you currently have a family doctor at the Bancroft Community Family Health Team and choose to join our waiting list for a new doctor, you must first DEROSTER from your current family doctor.
Acceptance is not immediate, we do currently have a lengthy waiting list. When you are accepted by one of our doctors, you will be notified with a letter in the mail. Our process is first come, first serve. If you are not already on our waiting list you may apply either in person or online at www.bcfht.org. To limit contact with patients we are asking that you either mail in your application or put it in the drop box outside our office doors.
*It is your responsibility to keep us updated on any changes to your mailing address, you can do so by calling us at 613-332-1565 ext. 220, or in person. *
In the meantime, please see the following medical care options that are available to you with a valid health card:
- Walk- In Clinics – Virtual Care
- The ER – Medical care is always available 24/7 at the Emergency Department of the Hospital.
- Ontario Addiction Treatment Centre’s (O.A.T.C) – 89 Hastings Street North. Phone: 613-332-0660.
- Pregnancy Support – if you are pregnant and require prenatal care and support, you can contact Midwifery Services of Haliburton-Bancroft. More information is available online at www.haliburtonbancroftmidwives.ca or by phone at 705-457-9992.
- Diabetes Education Support – If you have type I or type II diabetes, you are welcome to contact our office at 613-332-1565 ext. 220 to book an appointment with one of our Diabetes Educators. Our program is open to patients with or without a family doctor in the Bancroft area.